Monday, November 29, 2010

Our Bodies...

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (NIV) "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore, honor God with your body."

A friend sent me an email today for accoutability in working out and staying healthy this month.  I'm on board!  I need to be more responsible in taking care of my body in the nutrition aspect!  I'm a big snacker, and that has got to stop so that the pounds stop creeping up.  I am thankful for the ability to work out, eat healthy, and get rest.  Thankfully our children are older now and sleeping through the night...that is a huge praise!  So today's top ten relate to our bodies and things I give thanks for in relation...

The fact that we are surrounded by good food to eat....now we just have to choose wisely
A trip to FL with beautiful outdoor temps...we can exercise and play outdoors
A gym membership back in KS so we can exercise any time together as a family or with friends
Friends for accountability at the gym
Health
Wealth to afford good food and exercise gear
Running partners
Sleep for refreshment
Clean water to drink
Clean air to breath

815-825

Thank you God for these things and so much more!  We love you!  I promise to take better care of my body each day with your help and strength.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment