Wednesday, September 19, 2012

1 Corinthians 13 Remix

The link below caught my attention on Pinterest or Facebook this week.  I thought I would create one from my perspective as a wife.  Katie Loveland talks from a parenting perspective.  How to show love for Moms...

http://www.lifewithjack.com/2012/05/1st-corinthians-13-for-moms.html



My new remix for Wives...
1st Corinthians 13 for Wives
by: Jennifer Cook

If my husband speaks in the tongues of men or of angels, masters how to juggle work, my worries, and his own, but does not learn to love, he is only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If he has the gift of foresight, graduates college, earns a promotion, and has faith that can move mountains-but does not have love, he is nothing.  If we give all we possess to the poor (or at least tithe to our local church, support the fundraisers for children, and give snacks to the homeless), but do not have love, we gain nothing. 

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy another couple's lifestyle or possessions.  

It does not boast about accomplishments.  It is not proud of the way my husband may love me better, earn more money, or serve the Lord in greater ways than your husband.  It is not self-seeking-hoping that you’ll notice how smart, talented or good-looking my husband is. 
It is not easily angered by perceived slights or misjudgments, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth that marriage is fueled and driven by God’s grace. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails.  I will fall painfully short of God’s best for my husband.  When I use words that hurt my husband, they will be forgiven; where there is knowledge about the best way he could do something, it will pass away. For we know in part and we act incompletely, but when we are fully grown, what we thought we knew about marriage will disappear. When I was a new bride, I thought, spoke and reasoned with immaturity and without grace. As our marriage grows, I ask God to give me the wisdom to put these childish ways behind me. 

For now we see our married future as a reflection in a mirror; one day we will behold our mature selves face to face. Now I know in part; then we shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.



Photo by: Rochelle Stone Photography

Jennifer Cook is a part-time speech language pathologist and stay at home mom/housewife who lives with her husband and two active boys in Florida. Daniel and Jennifer are college sweethearts who've "grown up" together. Jennifer enjoys blogging about her faith, family, and community. Please feel free to pin/share anything on my blog.  




No comments:

Post a Comment