Saturday, November 24, 2012

A is for Authenticity



When two people relate to each other authentically and humanly, God is the electricity that surges between them.
-Martin Buber


I love this quote!

We live in a world of processed foods, fake idols, and visual stimuli that are on the television, internet, and video games...a lot of fake "worlds."  I like authenticity.  I like to sit with real people...my family and friends.  Heck, I even like meeting strangers out shopping for real stuff!  I guess the stuff part isn't always what we truly need, but I do enjoy the interaction that results when we walk into a local store and buy from vendors.


Dear God,
Help me to be authenticGive me grace to accept myself & others as you created us to be. Thank you for walking among us.  You sent an authentic version of yourself to our broken world in the form of a baby.  The Christ child, YOU, arrived as a simple blessing for all the world.  
Help us see authenticity around us and rejoiceAmen.

This is the A of T.H.A.N.K.S.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment