Saturday, November 3, 2012

Dull Women


I really liked this quote that I found on Pinterest: "Dull women have immaculate homes." 
It is so true.  Most women do not have immaculate homes, and if they do they are likely old, young, or possibly a bit dull!  Our house is full of messes big and small.  I actually am proud of it at times because I recognize that we are living life.  We have two young boys, and they are having fun most of the time!  We entered our neighbor's home last night for an impromptu visit.  They have nearly one year old triplets.  Wow!  Watching that household work at dinner time was precious.  They have a system.  Their mom is organized, and their dad pitches in too.  Their house is clean but not immaculate.  She apologized for little bits of scattered things.  I smiled and told her not to worry.  Come over to our house.  She insisted that mine is clean.  It isn't!  I told her to come over more often.  We often strive to be perfect versus real.  Here's to hoping that my friends and family walk through our door and see that we are keeping it real at our house, and that we are anything but dull.

To the dull mind all nature is leaden. To the illumined mind the whole world burns and sparkles with light. --Ralph Waldo Emerson


Here's to hoping our homes and minds are anything but dull!  Let the weekend begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment