Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Fall in Different Places

Photo Credit: Donna Black, my cousin who is gifted in the area of photography

Fall in Different Places...
I grew up in Winter Park, Florida, and we recently moved back to Central Florida.  So this fall, is what I remember falls to be like as a child and young adult.  It is cool (at times), and the leaves do change if you look really closely.  However, we do not get the rich colors of fall like states to our north and west.  

In college, Tallahassee, Florida held a little more fall weather with cooler temperatures.  About ten degrees cooler in north FL vs. central FL in the fall and winter months.  After graduation, my husband and I moved to Peachtree City, Georgia.  Fall was even more special in the suburbs of Atlanta.  The leaves really did change, fall, and need to be raked.  The picture above comes from my cousin who lived near us during our early married years.  Our first son was born in the summer of 2006.   This photo marks that special year also.

Our first son just looked at this photo, and thought that it was "some mysterious creature."  I had to explain that it was a photo of a stream with bubbles and leaves.  Interesting how different eyes view things.  To wrap up this blog post quickly since my son is now awake and ready for breakfast...

In 2008 we moved to Overland Park, Kansas.  We spent one fall there and truly saw the four seasons change before our eyes like no other time in my life.  We spent three more years in Olathe, KS before returning this year to Florida in 2012.  Seasons change, our eyes change, and we see things differently each year.  I'm thankful God has opened my eyes to the beauty of each place we have lived in, and He continues to reveal "glimmers of Grace" daily in moments that I capture with my heart and my own camera lens.  Thank you Donna Black for inspiring me to shoot pictures of nature and our children in action!

No comments:

Post a Comment