Wednesday, August 1, 2012

First Day of Football Practice

Today marks the first day of football practice for Addison.  He is growing up a little bit every day, and this marks a milestone.  He has been waiting to play football since he was 3 years old.  I can remember him saying that he wanted to play football for years.  We would watch FSU football games as a family, and he watches for a bit.  However, he prefers to play "tackle time" with Daniel.  Watching the boys play this father and son game is so fun!  They love it!  Tickles, tackles, and pillows abound.  Now, Addison will don a helmet and try out conditioning, experience coaching in a whole new realm, and meet other little boys who also love to tackle!

The parent meeting this week enlightened me, and I know this is going to be a commitment.  They will practice 5 days a week for 3 weeks then 3 times a week during the fall season with games every Saturday from August-October.  Daniel and I didn't realize how serious Pop Warner football was until we really enrolled and learned more about it.  Having practiced heavily for volleyball, tennis, track, and cross country over the years I am excited!  I love the thrill of athletics.  The Olympics inspire as do even the every day athletic feats we normal humans perform on a daily basis.  I'm thankful Daniel and I have children that are interested in sports.  Being healthy is a lifestyle.  We'll see how football goes...I'll keep you posted!

The key to happiness belongs to everyone on Earth who recognizes simple things as treasures of great worth. --Unknown, "Simplicity" by Daymaker

No comments:

Post a Comment