Monday, August 23, 2010

"But Lord..."

"But Lord," Giden asked, "how can I save Israel? My clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my family." Judges 6:15

The Lord answered, "I will be with you, and you will strike down all the Midianites together." Judges 6:16

I often think "but Lord" in my head when God calls me to do things also.  I don't want to do things that I know I need to do at times, and I am a whiner..."but Lord..."  I also fee weak and alone some times.  However, God's word reassures us that HE will be with us.  He will give us strength to strike down the enemies that loom around us...the thoughts of doubt that come from Satan, and the other aspects of the enemy that permeate this world.

Praise God that he is courageous and shares his courage with us!  I'm excited to see what this new job will hold for me.  I am fearful of change, but I am excited about new beginnings.  I am hesitant about working with elderly adults, but I'm grateful for the opportunity!  I know the Lord is with me, and he will help me strike down the barriers of communication deficits and swallowing difficulties with his Spirit working through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment