Thursday, August 26, 2010

Greed

Colossians 3:5 (NIV) "Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry."

I am often greedy in the sense that I want what I want, and I want it now...or soon at least! :)
I am working on being grateful for what I have and not focusing on what I want.  Lord, help me as I move through this world and all the entrapment.  Help me see you and the desires you have for me.


Today I am grateful for these glimmers of grace:
306.  Clean curtains...I actually washed them!
307.  A sweet cat that sits in my lap, purrs, and kisses me with her nose.
308.  Friends...we have playgroup at our house today for the neighborhood! :)
309. My family...they are sleeping sweetly
310.  My mom...with her help I was able to accomplish more than usual in a week...thanks mommy!
311.  Lauren, my niece, she sent a sweet email, and I loved that she shared her blog with me!  She is a gifted photographer, and I pray she has continued success in her college/career pursuits.
312.  Josie, Jensen, and Ashleigh...my other nieces.  Since we do not have any girls I feel privileged to be their aunt, love them, and buy cute things for them too! 
313.  Harrison, Tommy, Wyatt, Jackson, and Tyler, our nephews.  We are truly blessed to have so many boy cousins for our boys to play with, and I love them each so much...they are precious!
314.  Jackie, my sister.  Her birthday is next week, and I'm glad God matched me into a family with her back in 1982.  I was so excited then to have a sister, and I am thankful now for her long distance phone calls and the visits we still have.
 315.  Curly bear...you know who you are.
316.  Daniel...my sweet husband who tickled my back to sleep last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment