In 2 Corinthians 4:6-9 Paul reminds us: "For God who said, 'Let light shine out of darkness,' made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
Today I'm thankful for God's Glimmers of Grace in these ways...
255. Waking up early
256. Sleeping soundly with my husband by my side
257. Being a part of a new ministry (Grace Connectors) at our church has been interesting and has stretched my comfort zone in a good way. 12 men and women meet over 12 weeks 1 on 1 for 1 hour each week...it's been nice to get to know different people of different ages and gender from our church family.
258. The Holy Spirit
259. Reuniting with old friends via phone
260. My mom is flying in today!
261. My dad is nearing retirement.
262. Our children are sleeping peacefully in their beds.
263. Addison's funny comments/rebuttals to having to listen/obey. His latest..."Dad, I just want to be your normal son." As we diffused this odd saying...we figured out basically he didn't want to have to do chores just play.
264. A date at HealthRidge with Daniel yesterday. It's a peaceful place.