Saturday, August 28, 2010

Calling on God...

Today Addison woke me up around 1:30 a.m.  "Mom, I had a bad dream..." We went in his room to talk about it and tuck back in.  He explained it in lengthy detail.  We turned on his lamp for extra comfort.  Still he was wide-eyed.  We went downstairs for a snack and to watch a bit of "Alvin and the Chipmunks" the movie.  His mind was taken off of it, but still he was wide eyed.  I'm reading the book, "Don't Make Me Count to Three" by Ginger Plowman.  She talks about speaking to your child's heart.  So, I decided we should read the Bible a bit, pray to God, and then maybe he'd go back to sleep.  Still no go.  I invited him to sleep on the floor next to our bed on his Mickey mat.  He did.  He's back to sleep.  We called on God, and I hope that he heard our prayer for good dreams.  I love our sons, and I'm thankful we have a God we can call on any time!

No comments:

Post a Comment